Thursday, October 16, 2008

Appreciation to my fellow bloggers!!!

       I decided to turn vegan after doing some research and realizing that veganism was the best way to keep my weight down, cleanse my body, and feel great about myself... all the while helping the environment and supporting my furry/feathery/fuzzy/scaley friends!
       Well everyone knows the fastest easiest way to get information is via internet. Whenever I would pop "Vegan"  into google, a gillion blogs would come up!! well I started to read these blogs... every day! They inspired me, and they let me know that I wasnt alone in all of this. There were "Crazy health freaks" out there just like me!!! They let me in on the "secrets" of being vegan, vegan products, vegan recipes, etc. I had never even attempted cooking or baking before turning vegan and I have learned that cooking/baking is truly a passion of mine!
       Well as I have said numerous times I have been super busy. Posting on blogs isnt always within my time frame. (Lets face it.. i wake up at 945, im out of my hotel room by 11, at rehearsal at 12... and am there until ATLEAST 10:30 pm!!!) With this sort of schedule it is almost impossible. But the first thing I do every morning, besides check my email, and my facebook (i cant help it) I check out a bunch of blogs! 
   As I was scoping out the daily posts of my fav bloggers I though "I wish I knew how inspiring they were to me". And you really all are. I've made friends, and learned sososso much about not only veganism but myself as well. Well.. the very first blogs I ever read were Fat Free Vegan Kitchen , Katie from Chocolate Covored Vegan, and Liz from Veggie Girl...so thank you to you three for jump starting my vegan life!!!
   And then I got to thinking, I am inspired each and every day by different people. My mother inspires me to reach my dreams, and to never give up. My boyfriend inspires me to be the very best at everything I do (my only competition is myself) my friend Jenna inspires me to not let ANYONE or ANYTHING get in my way, my Rockette friends inspire me to be the best performer that I can be.... I am inspired all the time... and I think that it is an important thing  to think about once in a while..What are YOU inspired by? And How can we become better people??

just some VEGAN food for thought :)

6 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Wow, your post literally made my day... and it's only 7AM! Do you know who inspires me? You do! Sure, for me it's easy to be a vegan-- I have my own kitchen, live 5 minutes from Whole Foods, etc. But I always think about how hard it must be for you to keep up your vegan values; I went on a school trip one year, where I wasn't in charge of my meals, and that was only for a week and it was so hard! So You are awesome! Oh, and anyone who detests a certain "lady" (if she can be called that) as much as I do is definitely cool in my book ;o)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Synthia, this post is BEYOND amazing. I am constantly being inspired by my fellow vegan bloggers - after all, it's YOU guys who encourage me to keep cooking and baking new types of treats to share with my family and friends; and you yourself DEFINITELY inspire me with dancing!!! :0)

Bianca said...

I'm definitely inspired by all the food bloggers too! I get recipe ideas and moral support from all the like-minded vegans out there who share a nerdy passion for photographing their food.

I'm also inspired by my dad...who gives everything 110 percent. He doesn't stop working on something until its more than perfect. And though I'm not nearly the perfectionist he is, it gives me something to strive for.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the blogs you mentioned! We all seem short of time these days but I hope you'll stop by and see my scarey page?
Big hug!
Maryann xox

Vegan_Noodle said...

I think this was an inspiring post in itself!!

Anonymous said...

Will you be posting pictures of the Rockettes Christmas show? I would love that! I haven't seen the show since I was a little girl.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope I didn't scare you too much ;)

A Vegan on STAGE

Navigating my way through a Vegan lifestyle