Thursday, March 12, 2009

DEHYDRATED!

No guys... im drinking plenty of water... but tonight I did have my first experience with a dehydrator!!! 

My next door neighbor happened to have an extra one (he is one of those people who just happens to have EVERYTHING) and he happily gave it to me! Im not sure how great it works but I guess we'll find out.

I have been craving crackers/chips lately... but whenever I reach for some of the baked ones in the closet I dont like them... maybe its because of all of the fresh clean foods I've been eating??

3 seed crakers

1/3 cup Flax seeds (WHOLE... i used the golden kind)
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds

soak overnight (its pretty crazy.. but the next day the s
eeds take up the entire jar.. they really do absorb the water!)

Spread the mixture on teflaxx paper or Parchment paper (thats what i used)... and dehydrate till dry!
Im gunna let these bad boys go overnight.. hopefully I dont ruin them!


So like My friend CCV (Katie!) I LOVE CHOCOLATE!! Since I have been trying to eat a little more Raw lately, I decided to order this off of Raw Food World
Seriously... even if you dont do a high raw diet... THIS IS AMAZING! I find myself taking little spoon fulls of it.. and being totally chocolate satisfied. A serving is 2 tbs... but I never need that much.. its just so freaking good.

I've also been making lots of green smoothies.. .every morning in fact!
Green Smoothie (Syn Style!)
3 large kale leaves
frozen mango or frozen peaches (or both why not)
3 tbs Manatoba harvest Vanilla Hemp Protein Powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large bananas (or two small.. usually frozen)

Blend up and VUALA.. you cant even taste the kale.. and this is so danm good for you.. keeps me full for hours!
*I dunno why I have been making them in jars... but hey why not... theyre bigger than glasses!*
Here was dinner tonight... I was having a chocolate fix (as per usual)

Its got:
2 bananas
1 mejool date
3 tsp cacao powder
1 tbs Cacao Bliss Butter
Agave
Vanilla extract
Coconut sprinkled on top!

YUMMM.. I love my smoothies but this definitely is my favorite!!!

Here are some of my snacks the past few days:

*Mandalin Orange (never had one of these... it was amazing!)

*Fresh fruit plate: Organic pears, strawberries and orange (all organic!)
*sliced apple and carrot sticks with 2tbs Sunbutter*

Well friends.. thats all for now... Ill let ya know what I decided on making for my friends party tomorrow :)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE SUGGESTIONS!!!!! <3>

21 comments:

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

OMG girl, great minds think alike because I just discovered that stuff too! I'm working on a post about it-- it's soooooooooooooooo amazing, huh?

PB and Jess said...

I'm super jealous of the dehydrator!! I've been making my own raw "milks" and soaking groats, but none of the really fun stuff.

Oh, and your fruit plate looks great!! I've been stuck with bananas and old apples, lol :)

ChickPea said...

You know I am drooling over those smoothies! Great idea to use jars for glasses...I save my glass jars but never thought to use them for anything other than storing leftovers!

The Purple Carrot said...

Fun! I have a dehydrator JUST like that. I might have to make those, yum!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I have an Excalibur dehydrator, and LOVE IT!! I also love all of your smoothies :-D

Becca said...

I just can't do the green smoothies! I'm sure they taste good but I like to chew my calories too much!

Unknown said...

Lucky you, I can't wait to get a dehydrator! Let us know how the crackers came out! The smoothies look amazing and that choc. I can't wait to try (can't find it here!)
I drink my green juice in jars too! We can't recycle here, so that is me doing my part!

Lauren said...

Yum!! I will have to seek out that cocoa bliss! Mmm!! Good luck with your crackers, I've never dehydrated my own, since I love the brand I buy at the health food store. Mmm..smooooothies!

erica said...

one of my favorite things in the dehydrator is making cinnamon apple chips! If you have a spiral slicer they're real easy to thinly slice and they dry pretty quick.

Also, if you like onions, I'll give you the recipe for this AMAZING raw onion bread that I loooovvve. So good with almost anything.

Lacey said...

I am jealous of your dehydrator! I have been wanting one for ages but cant find one around here. I dont think they are popular in england or maybe I am just not looking in the right places.

By the way I recently found your blog and I love it!!

Eric said...

Great post! I've had it on my mind to do a detox but I had a realization that I really didn't know what exactly I'd eat. All the smoothies and other items you talk about are helpful :)

(this is eric from vegangrub)

healthy ashley said...

Good luck with the crackers! And your smoothie combos sound so good! I love my green smoothies!

Bianca said...

Please, please, please let me know how the parchment paper works with the crackers! I tried making flax crackers in a dehydrator once, but didn't think of using parchment paper. Instead I used waxed paper, and it got stuck to the bottom of most of them. I was very sad, and I ended up eating waxed paper...which can't be good. But I'd like to try again with the parchment paper if it worked for you.

And I always drink my smoothies in jars too. I'm not sure why. It just feels right. :-)

Anonymous said...

Dehydrator, that's so cool! Can't wait to see how it works out.

I think jars are the perfect drinking glass for smoothies. Your green smoothies are awesome. I really need to get some protein powder so I can make some nice big FILLING ones.

And that Cacao Bliss Butter? OMG. That looks amaaaazing. I think I might have seen products of that same brand at a small health food store around here so I'll have to keep my eye out for that stuff!

Kristen's Raw said...

Awesome raw goodies!!! Congrats on your dehydrator... so FUN!!!

Cheers and Happy Dehydrating!
Kristen

Veganissexy said...

Looking good! Chocolate from a jar.....uhm sign me up! Can't wait to see what you make tomorrow! Have fun :)

gail said...

oooh! So green! And the crackers - cool!

Sarah said...

Those crackers look great. What a nice neighbour!
Yes, I am a GIANT when it comes to ballet but I don't think it ever really heeld me back. I like being tall.
I'm taking some time off right ow. I stopped about a month ago because of an ankle issue that I've been dealing with for a few years. I've had surgery on, and the short story is.... the surgeon effed me up. Sucks :(

So do the smoothies with Kale really taste ok?

Unknown said...

ooh this sounds great!
i really want a dehydrator..that seems like you can do soo many awesome things with it! :)

Anonymous said...

oooo I want a dehydrator so badly! How did the crackers turn out?
Looks like you've been having some great food! I want a green smoothie now...

A@ Please Don't Eat Me! said...

ummmm i wish my neighbor had an extra dehydrator lying around! you are so lucky!!!!

A Vegan on STAGE

Navigating my way through a Vegan lifestyle