Wednesday, June 11, 2008

WELCOME BACK!!!


Hello ALL!!!! im sorry I haven't been around lately! I haven't been particularly busy... I thinkthe warm weather has kept me outside instead of inside on my computer!

Well lets start with saying that my dog is probably the silliest, cutest, smart, cuddly guy out there. Cody (Golden retriever) goes everywhere with me (that he's allowed atleast!)

Well last week, we decided to go to one of Anthony's baseball games!!!

Cody thinks he can drive..he doesn't understand that he doesn't have his liscence!!!
"WHAT SYN..why can't I drive to the game??"

"I'm going to drive whether you like it or not!"
"Whats that??? the drive is 40 minutes?!.... you can drive!!!"
"I'll be happy hanging right here in the back seat!!"



hehe... he's adorable common!

Well the game was fun and Cod man was a hit! all the guys on the team thought he was awesome... which he is!!!


So that weekend... me and the boy decided that we were going to BBQ... ON THE BEACH!
My dad has a pass for his 4 wheel drive where you can drive on
the beach (certain locations) it is one of my favorite things to do. It is so peaceful and beautiful... 
absolutely one of my favorite places in the world.
...it was so peaceful...(not to mention really romantic :)  hehe...im so lucky to live so close to the beach...I'm very lucky.


OK so now onto FOOD!!!!!!!

nothing super special lately. I have kind of just been scrounging up random vegan goodies. (amys burrito's one day... left over bean burgers the next... soup... a salad... nothing exciting)

but TODAY... was 
......

NOTHING DIFFERENT! HAHAHA

but I did make some killer oatmeal!!!

Syns *Apple*Cinnamon*Seed*Raisin Oatmeal!

2 1/2 cups of water
1 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup wheat berries
1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
1/2 cup of applesauce
1/4 cup raisins
1 tablespoon Cinnamon

Bring water to a boil
Add in oats and wheat berries and sunflower seeds and cook until  most of the water is absorbed. Stir in applesauce, raisins, and cinnamon and cook till the remainder of the water is absorbed.

ENJOY!!!!!!!

it was really delish!!! the only problem was that when i was pouring the wheat berries, a few too many made it into the pot... and well it was a LITTLE to abundant in wheat berries for me... but next time I make it I will Definitely make it with less...its really good i swear!!!

well other than that.. for dinner I had an old comfort food form freshman year of college!
Living in a dorm I didn't have access to an oven... so I would 
always microwave green beans, some mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce and sprinkle parm. cheese on top. It was quick and it always satisfied my "I WANT CHEESE AND SAUCE" cravings!

Tonight I decided to sub rice cheeses and VUALA... vegan comfort food!
and thats all for today!! sorry for the long post... I need to catch up with everyones blogs!!!!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that second picture is too funny !

healthy ashley said...

I love your dog! Too cute!!

(It was probably a good idea that he let you drive :)

I'm glad you're back.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Cody is too cute!! :0D

Mmm, that oatmeal sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

hey sorry i didn't get to answer your question before but i'm majoring in nutrition and hopefully minor in dance

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Cody is such a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

Awwww Cody is adorable! I love golden retrievers, they are so pretty.

I really like the applesauce oatmeal idea. AND the green beans! Never thought of that combo, I'll give it a try sometime!

Unknown said...

your pup's the best!

Christie said...

I grew up with a golden retriever too who we had to put to sleep last summer (she was 14) the best dog ever and they really are so smart! By the way I live in long island right by stonybrook campus!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Aww aww aww what a cute little guy.

I think you should send him to drver's ed :o)

Hungry Hungry Dancer said...

Christie...
thats so funny! my boyfriend just graduated from SB

(goldens are the best)

Anonymous said...

Cody is adorable!

I'm so jealous that you have a pass to drive on the beach. That is really romantic :)

Eric said...

Aww Cody is a really cute dog! Its easy to tell he has a lot of personality :)

I absolutely love the beach. Its just so relaxing and, as you mentioned, romantic!

Amy's burritos are awesome!

Bianca said...

Cute puppy! My dog always tries to steal the driver's seat too! Ha!

And I love the idea of putting wheat berries in oatmeal. I love wheat berries soooo much!

Kati said...

Of course Cody can't drive...he can't reach the pedals! ;-)

Hey, I tried your recipe for black bean burgers and they were a big hit! I'm making them again tonight. Baking them in the oven gives them the perfect texture - thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Your dog is ADORABLE!! Golden retrievers rock. ;)
Glad you're back! Have a FABULOUS day!

--Erin

Theresa said...

Hi, I'm glad you found my blog! Your dog is adorable, and your comfort food sounds really great!

Becca said...

Aaw he's so cute!

Marisa L. S. said...

What a cute dog!

Rural Vegan said...

Awww, what a cutie! I think everyone's been missing from the blogging world lately, probably outside enjoying warm weather!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Cody is uber cute :-) Sounds like a fun little day trip to the beach!

Isn't it fun veganizing old favorites?

A Vegan on STAGE

Navigating my way through a Vegan lifestyle