Monday, April 28, 2008

WELCOME!


WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

So I decided to make a blog, and I'm pumped about it!One of my Best friends, Jenna, is a swing in Broadway's "Spring
 Awakening"! She was on all this week in the role of Marta and I was lucky enough to be able to see her in the show.. IT WAS AMAZING! (im not even being bias because my friends was in it... the story is beautiful)
..IM SO PROUD OF HER!
NOW ON TO THE NUTRITIOUS PART OF THINGS!


 I have been very into breakfast for 
as long as I can remember. Im the type of person who HAS to have breakfast every morning in order to function! I usually have home made oatmeal with lots of different types of grains (I'll post the recipe at a later time) But when I woke up this morning I had no time! I decided to settle for my favorite cereal with Vanilla rice 
milk...

Kamut is one of my favorite new discoveries. Its rich in fiber and is rather tasty... there's also Kamut pasta's for those of us wh
o don't always want the usua
l white or whole wheat pasta all the time.

 Since I had my dialects class today at Strasberg (www.strasberg.com) there wasn't much time for lunch.. I'm not one to skip meals ( I LOVE EATING!) so i reached for a banana to hold me off until i could get home to make myself something more substantial. 
The train ride home is kinda long...about an hour and 10 minutes back to Long Island...I am ALWAYS reading something.. lately I've been watching my weight because of my UPCOMMING ROCKETTE AUDITION! (praying i get rehired...more about that later) So right now im reading "Mindless Eating" by Brian Wansink... its really amazing... everyone should pick up a copy.



BACK TO FOOD!
By the time I got home my mom had a SPAGHETTI
 SQUASH IN THE OVEN!!!! BUT I WAS STARVING!!!it wouldn't be done for another 40
 minutes so I held myself off with one of my favorite snacks! TOMATO SOUP! It had been raining all day
 and the dampness really made me fiend for this comfort food... love love love it!
It really is amazingly cream
y goodness!!! and its pretty low in calories... (90 in a cup!)

About an hour and a half l
ater dinner was ready!!!!!

SPAGHETTI SQUASH SPAGHETTI! with vegetable sauce!
Ingredients:
One large SPAGHETTI SQUASH Cut in half
Organic Pam or olive oil (just to spray the pan with)
LOTS OF VEGGIES ( I used about 1/2 Onion chopped, 1 Zucchini sliced, 1/2 head
 Broccoli, 1/2 head Cauliflower, 1/2 Red and  1/2 Green Pepper chopped, Fresh baby tomatoes halved, Mushrooms sliced<-- as many as you wan
t!)
2 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper to taste

*First, set your oven to 375 degrees... Cover a baking s
heet with Tinfoil and Spray lightly with Pam (if you dont have pam, lightly brush with Olive oil)
*Place each half of the squash
 face down on the sheet and place in the oven. You should cook it for about 35 minutes, or until the inside is soft.
*While you wait for the squash to cook, spray a large pan w
ith pam (or a table spoon of olive oil) chop or press garlic and let pan absorb the flavors.... throw in the chopped onion and cook until almost clear.
*Add the rest of the veges (ACCEPT THE TOMATOES) NOTE** You can throw in the Cauliflower and Broccoli or you can steam them.. I STEAMED !) and cook un
til tender. (you can add some salt and pepper if ya want)
*after the veges are nice and tender add in your favor
ite jar of Tomato sauce (I Used Rag
u Organic)
*Let the sauce and veges sit in the pan for a while...and take out your Squash!
It should look like this

*NEXT ... you tak
e a FORK (you have to use a fork to get the spaghetti stringy texture) and sc
oop insides into a large bowl... add your sauce to the bowl and then ENJOY!

After dinner I enjoyed a piece of VEGAN chocolate 
 cake that my amazing boyfriend got for my birthday from Whole Foods(i just turned 22 on April 24!)
I swear i didn't eat this much of the cake! but this is what it looked like before i sliced it!
AND THATS IT!!! my very first BLOG!!!! MORE TOMORROW!

<3>

3 comments:

EstherLauren said...

umm..i LOVE you? yes.

--esther =)

PRgirl1 said...

This blog is really going to take off! I can't wait to find out what Syn eats tomorow!!!!

PRgirl1 said...

I WOULD LOVE TO PUT YOU ON MY BLOG!!!! your awesome!!! i loved your idea!!!!

A Vegan on STAGE

Navigating my way through a Vegan lifestyle