Thursday, May 15, 2008

I believe in FATE

So today, I had my audition. It was actually sort of fun... im not sure Im what theyre looking for but I did my best.. so its over and in the back of my mind!

Thats the one thing ive learned about this whole auditioning thing... you go, you do your best... hopefully they keep you.. an
d then you forget abo
ut it until hopefully they call you and offer
 you a job.... Easier said than done, but hey thats life.

After my auditi
on Anthony called me with very upsetting news.
There was a baby bird that fell out of its nest and into his drive way. He didnt really know what to do with it, and knowing im an animal freak he called me. Since I was on the train he googled "Bird Rescue" and we found a parrot rescue in the town over from me. I called them and they told me not to touch the bird and hopefully the mommy will come back and get it. 
I just hope that it doesnt die before that happens :
( I understand that these are facts of life and nature, but it doesnt make it any easier :(

SO NO MORE SAD NEWS!

When I got home on the train I was in the mood for comfort food! (Probably because I felt t
hat I did shitty at my audition)
Mom had just bought my favorite chips.. theyre made from flax and whole grains... they made me want nachos! So i whipped up a "Nacho Casserole!"...it looks kinda yuck but it was DELISH!


Nacho Casserole
What you need : Refried beans, salsa, chips (your fav kind of course), Vegan cheese, Olives

Spread the ref
ried beans on the bottom of a baking dish. Layer chips on top of the beans. Add a layer of Salsa, shred some cheese on top and slice olives on top of it all!

Bake for about 15 minutes on 350 degrees.(or until cheese is melted)

This is fun because you can slice a nice piece of the casserole and put it on a plate and eat with a fork.. so its not messy! OH THE JOYS OF EASY MEXICAN :)

So... WHY IS THIS POST CALLED "I belive in fate?" Well Since I have all of this wonderful time to relax, I have been surfing everyones blogs, and found not ONE not TWO, but THREE posts about sushi salad!
This, I have decided, will be my dinner tonight! Im excited because I had such a heavy lunch I am in the mood for something light and low cal!
ILL POST LATER AFTER I MAKE IT! ..now Its time to go to the gym!


BACK FROM THE GYM!
I have to say I absolutely LOVE running. I used to hate it, and now I feel like
 after I have run a  couple of miles, i feel really wonderful about myself... gotta love those endorphins!

So while I was running I enjoyed a tasty episode of "Top Chef" (One of my favorite shows!) In The quick fire challenge, they had to incorporate BROWN RICE! The chef who won made a "Rice salad" (with yuck steak) But the concept sounded really delish... and since I had already decided to make a "Sushi Salad", I thought.. why the hell not combine the two! And that is exactly what I did... IM IN LOVE WITH THIS SALAD!

SUSHI SALAD
What you need: Any veges you like in sushi (I used asparagus, portobello mushrooms, and broccoli)
Salad: Lettuce, sun dried tomatoes, avocado, carrots, and cucumber
1 Tbs of Sesame oil
Brown Rice (cooked)
Balsamic vinegar (optional)
Sesame seeds

-Just Sauté Asparagus, Portobello Mushrooms, and Broccoli (Or any veges you want) in a tablespoon of sesame oil, added in the brown rice at the end.
-While the veges are cooking, chop up some lettuce, avocado chunks, carrots, and cucumber (I cut these length wise) and Sun dried tomatoes.
Combine the hot and cold salad, top with sesame 
seeds, and add some balsamic vinegar. 



ENJOY!!!

Lastly I want to talk about the gift I got my mother for MOTHERS DAY! She desperately wanted a "Rebounder". Its a mini trampoline. She likes to jump on it when she gets home from work and cant go to the gym... I was skeptical of it at first. I thought it was silly...but Its actually pretty fun! I wouldn't rely on it for my daily work outs, but it sure is fun to take pictures on!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your audition went great! I really wanna buy myself one of those trampolines now haha

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I love your positive attitude about auditions - best of luck!!

so devastating about the bird :0( I do hope that the mother returns in time!

oooh, the nacho casserole and the sushi salad sound wonderful! yum!

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

you have a great outlook!

A Vegan on STAGE

Navigating my way through a Vegan lifestyle