Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 3 and 4!

Hey Bloggies... sorry I didn't get to post yesterday...I had class all night and was wiped by the time I got home. I am absolutely LOVING my personal training course. We are only on Anatomy and Physiology, but I am so incredibly intrigued with the human body!

Ok ok, I wont rant and rave I know you all want to know how the last two days of Raw week went.


DAY 3
Well I woke up yesterday and enjoyed a "Choconana" Smoothie. I really love the chocolaty goodness of this drink and it truly fills me up!
This beauty contains
1 frozen banana
1 cup rice milk (i know its not raw but I have to make do)
1 mejool date
3 tsp raw cacao powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of nutmeg
a squirt of agave nectar
and a handful of ice
Blend and ENJOY!

I love this smoothy so much. I cant tell you all enough.. YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS!!! (if you like chocolaty things!)

After breakfast I sat down for a few hours to study... and then went to the gym!
I wasnt sure how I would feel (still sick) but it actually helped me feel better! After running my third mile I felt as though I had "sweat out" some of my gross sickness :) 

I'm not sure what the weather was like by everyone else, but yesterday was Sunny and beautiful! I was significantly comfortable in My north face and sweat pants!!! When the weather is nice like that, I want nothing more than a slushy strawberry smoothy....or lemonade....so why not put them together??

I decided to make a strawberry lemonade smoothy :)


Strawberry Lemonade smoothy

Frozen strawberries (i didnt measure)
juice of 2 fresh lemons
squirt of agave
tbs of raw honey

This reminded me of a strawberry daquery :) I also paired this with a fresh naval orange...

sheesh it was so refreshing!!


HOW AM I FEELING?
Now... it may seem like I'm only drinking smoothies, but honestly I am just not as hungry!
The first two days I was pretty much constantly hungry, but by day three I honestly felt rejuvenated, and full after each meal. I also am finding that I feel more rested. I woke up at 7am all on my own... I NEVER do that! Maybe this raw food thing isnt so bad?

For dinner I decided to make some spring rolls. I know that rice paper isnt raw...(or I dont think) but I figured it would be ok... as I said I was doing MOSTLY raw.. it is hard because of allergies for me to be completely raw, and I didnt want to go out and go shopping for anything. I had used up all of my big leaves of cabbage so settled with rice paper (ok now that I have explained myself! haha)

When I woke up, I sliced some button mushrooms REALLY thin and marinated them in:

1 tbs nama shoyu (raw soy sauce)
1 stp raw tahini
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp apple cider viniger
1 clove garlic
dash of orange juice
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cumin
(this recipe is Day Seven of One week raw)

I let the mushrooms sit ALL day (in the fridge)

I soaked the rice paper, and topped it with Baby spinach leaves, marinated mushrooms, avocado, carrots (i used a peeler) and some cilantro (i ended up cutting off the gross stringy part of it!) here is one of them before i rolled it!


WEIGHT: so As for my weight yesterday morning... it remained the same. I think It didnt change because I didnt do any working out the day before... oh well..

DAY 4

Well This morning I woke up craving the same smoothy!!! (go figure)

So I enjoyed once again my Choconana smoothie once again

After breakfast Mom and I went to both Trader Joes and Whole Foods. I seriously love going to the grocery store. I love finding new fun things to get!
We got mostly produce...but hey you cant beat fresh fruits and veggies :)

After we got back, I had the remainder of the GREEN Smoothy I made on day 2, and headed to the gym.

I came back, showered, and got ready to prepare dinner! (after doing an array of other things of course)

At Candle Cafe, they have my favorite salad ever... the Living Crunchy Sprout Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing. When we were at Whole Foods I saw the crunchy sprouts at the salad bar, filled an entire brown box with them, and knew what I was having for dinner.
(The jar contains the dressing)
I Threw together some mixed greens, baby Arugula, Mung Bean sprouts, Alfafa Sprouts, avocado, sunflower seeds, crunchy sprout mix (from whole foods) Raisins, and Sunflower Seeds...Crunchy and delightful!!!



Carrot Ginger Dressing

2 1/2 cups chopped carrots
3 tbs fresh ginger
2 tbs agave nevtar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 clove garlic
1/4 olive oil
drizzle of sesame oil
dash of cumin and coriander

Blend and VUALA (this dressing is seriously fantastic)

WEIGHT:

As for weight today... I woke up, got on the scale and...

Was TWO lbs lighter. ( I guess my run made a difference?)

I wasnt surprised to see a lower number. I feel lighter...and I feel it in my face (does anyone else get like that too?)

Ok.. Ill stop Blabing... time to head over to the boyfriends for a movie :)




12 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Looooove your smoothies!!

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Oh gosh girl, that chocolate smoothie looks so good!

Anonymous said...

Omg those smoothies sound awesome! As does that salad!!

Yay for raw food. :)

ChickPea said...

I completely understand the consistent desire for smoothies...I never get tired of them myself!

I really like the idea of putting a date into a smoothie--will have to try that soon!

The Purple Carrot said...

Yum!! Those smoothies sound delicious!!!

And I'd sure like to try that sprouted salad, sounds SO good! Glad you're mostly raw diet is making you feel so good, that's exciting : )

Have a GREAT weekend, girl!!

Katy said...

I love smoothies to, and I think they're the easiest (and tastiest) part of raw foods. You have inspired me to try and eat more raw for a few days!

I'm definitely going to try and make that dressing! YUM!

Lauren said...

Those smoothies look soooo gooood! And what a beautiful salad..yum! Crunch Crunch Crunch!

A@ Please Don't Eat Me! said...

great! the raw food detox looks like it is going well! i have tried it before, to no avail... with my food allergies it makes it impossible- if not just very uncomfy to do a raw food diet. i cant eat pretty much any fresh fruit. gotta be cooked. but i should try making at least the smoothies anyway.. maybe it wont be an issue! (my lips swell up a la Angelina and burn if i eat certain fruits..)

Veganissexy said...

Well once again I'm getting super motivated to try the raw deal for a bit. You do make it look super easy and satisfying. I could easily do it when it involves chocolate! Keep it up!

Unknown said...

mmm choconana smoothie sounds amazing!
i love reading how your raw-ness is going..it's really inspiring! keep it up, love! :)

PB and Jess said...

That choco-nana smoothie looks delicious!! I used to make smoothies all the time but it's been a few months. Time to bring out the blender!!

O-Town Aerial Botany Chic said...

Awesome! I feel it in my face too, that's interesting! I also know what you mean when you say you just aren't as hungry anymore. I've been feeling that a lot lately. I love what you did with the recipe, its very creative!

Hugs,
Heather

A Vegan on STAGE

Navigating my way through a Vegan lifestyle